I, like many others, am on the go and don’t have a whole lot of extra time devoted to cleaning and organizing. Here are some great tips that take very little time but REWARD big!
- As soon as you walk in the door, have a large wicker basket that is designated for just shoes. This way you will know where all shoes are located and keep the floors a lot cleaner by not tracking in dirt!
- Set your kitchen up in “Work Stations” and then put all the equipment you need for a particular station in those designated areas. For example, I have a coffee station in my kitchen. I put all mugs, coffee pods, coffee devices all in one area for quick access and this way I’m not bumping into anyone during the morning rush.
- De-clutter hair products in the bathroom by purchasing a plastic tub that is large enough for all your hair products and accessories but small enough to fit under the bathroom counter. When doing your hair, you can simply pull out the tub and have all your hair styling tools at your fingertips! This means NO messy counter tops to battle with!
- Living rooms are often the main focal point in homes. Ours truly gets “lived” in. As much as I like the space being utilized, I don’t like the piles of papers, books, toys and magazines that end up taking over the coffee table. Invest in a functional coffee table with drawers and/or shelving to keep items organized and out of the way. If a new table is not in the cards, purchase some inexpensive baskets (I have even found some great ones at a second hand store) to put under the coffee table top to act as a new home for the clutter.
- Rushed mornings? Try prepping all lunches, book bags and clothes the night before. This cuts out any confusion or clothing dilemmas that arise from not knowing where things are at. It seriously saves time, energy and headache!
By implementing these easy steps, I guarantee life will run smoother and seem a lot more organized!
Learn more about Maid in the Shade, and schedule your cleaning service today! Visit our website at www.maid-houston.local or call 713-665-6243.