Did you know that we spend an average of 26 years in our lifetime in bed?! It would stand to reason then, that a good quality set of bed sheets is a must! But how do you know what really is the best and does it make a difference? The answer is YES and here are some tips to finally “put to bed” the argument on what is best for the bed.
- Thread count or not to thread count- Thread count is the number that’s used to indicate the number of threads contained in 1 square inch. The answer is that thread count matters to a degree. A 600 thread count is definitely better than a 200 thread count but once you reach anything over 800, there really isn’t much difference after that. The next 3 qualities below should weigh heavier in the decision making process
- Material – There are about 4 kinds of materials to choose from when it comes to bedroom linens:
- Egyptian cotton- This can be the most expensive but you really get what you pay for here. It has great durability and extra-long fibers that create a luxurious feel.
- Pima or Supima- Less expensive than Egyptian cotton, this material uses medium to long fibers and produces a soft, comfortable fabric.
- Linen- These sheets are known for their longevity thus explaining why they are so expensive. These sheets are great for warmer climates and they actually improve with age like a nice bottle of wine.
- Polyblend- These sheets ae about ½ the cost of the other sheet materials and do not wrinkle very easily. They are also pretty durable, especially the cotton-Polyester blend.
- The Weave- The weave of a sheet is really where people should pay the most attention when picking out bed linens. It plays a significant role in the quality of the linen. The weave really represents the feel of a sheet. There are 3 kinds to choose from:
- Flannel- Twil weave, medium weight
- Percale- Closely woven, light weight, one of the highest quality
- Sateen- This technique creates fabric with more yarn surface on the face, super soft, resembles satin
- Let’s finish with “The Finish”- Sheets are usually finished with chemical processing to keep from shrinking and prevent wrinkling. It is recommended to try and buy “organic” cotton when at all possible because the material will be free from chemicals.
And there you have it! You are now “Linen extraordinaire”! The next time you are looking for bed linens you can feel armed and prepared to get the most for your buck or your back!
Learn more about Houston Maid in the Shade, and schedule your cleaning service today! Visit our website at www.maid-houston.local or call 713-665-6243.
we will provide you the best Maid Service in Houston.